Baltimore Museum of Art seeks Temporary Opening Events Manager
The Baltimore Museum of Art seeks a creative and detail-oriented Temporary Opening Events Manager to plan and oversee public programs for the re-opening of its Contemporary Wing from July through December of 2012.
S/he will be responsible for developing and managing a Late Night for Baltimore’s creative community; a Family Day for the Museum’s youngest audiences; and other key events designed to engage audiences with contemporary art.
The Manager will develop a menu of exciting activities and experiences for Opening Events including interactive tours, hands-on workshops and demonstrations, films, music, and other components. This position collaborates with a wide range of colleagues across the museum and community partners.
This temporary, full-time position reports to the Deputy Director of Education and Interpretation.
- 2-3 years experience developing and implementing large-scale public programs and special events.
- Strong administrative and program management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good leadership and collaborative skills.
- BA in visual art, art history, or related field. Knowledge of contemporary art a plus.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to HR@artbma.org with “Temporary Opening Events Manager” with your first and last name in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Entry filed under: Jobs. Tags: .